Tuesday Tidbit: The Craving Killer
The good people at Metabolic Effect know that even if you’re doing “everything right,” sometimes you’re going to have a craving. Ideally, you’ll figure out how to tweak your macronutrients and quell those cravings, with, say, more protein and fiber, but especially for us women, sometimes you just need a fix. And yet, if you’re eating well, you don’t want that craving to derail your efforts, right?
Enter the Metabolic Effect “cocoa drink.” I challenge you – every time you’re goin’ looking for a little something-something . . . sweet or savory . . . but in your heart of hearts you KNOW you don’t really need anything, stop what you’re doing and MAKE THIS DRINK.
Drink it. Savor the flavor. Get on with things, then, make yourself busy. And I’ll betcha you’ll find you feel better and will not be ravaging the cupboards. Let me know what you think! I use this often during “shark week.” It has very few calories, is surprisingly satisfying, and is chock-full of antioxidants. I would highly recommend getting very high quality raw cacao powder for this. You use so little, why not maximize the nutrients your body’s getting? But seriously, you can use Hershey’s unsweetened baking cocoa powder. It’s all good.
- 1-2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder. I use Navitas Naturals raw cacao powder
- Stevia liquid or powder to taste
- Add-ins to taste (Cinnamon is great, a little cayenne gives this a surprisingly delicious kick. Almond or peppermint extracts are good. Use your imagination!)
- Hot water
- Add the cacao to a mug, add in your stevia and any add-ins you wish.
- While stirring (to prevent clumps), add in approximately 8-12 oz. hot water.
Stay tuned for more on Metabolic Effect, and how their book has been the real change-maker for me!
Image courtesy of [image creator name] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
© 2013, Sarah. All rights reserved.